"If sweet death should ever conquer me, let me know, boys, let me know. If you hear him coming, won't you let me flee? Let me go, boys, let me go."

Monday, February 15, 2010

U2

I'm listening to them right now. At 1:34 in the morning.

I bet you've all read my little note about Valentine's Day, also known as Singles AWARENESS Day. Now, in a more calm, not pissed-off, and why am I awake at 1:36 in morning kind of manner, I will tell you what I think of this so-called holiday.

When most people think of Valentine's Day they think of pink hearts and chocolate candies and red roses and Hallmark cards and couples reveling in their adorableness, but that's not what this day is all about. Valentine's Day is about letting the people that you love know that you love them. Not wallowing in self-pity over being lover-less. As my friend Jeanna so perfectly put it, "I will never, ever, understand the hatred for Valentine's Day. So you're single. Do you have a roof over your head? Did you eat this morning? Do you have clean, running water? Are you wearing warm clothes? You guys, there are worse problems in the world that you can brood over." Bravo, Jeanna. Very well put.

In addition to that, why even brood at all? Go hug your mother or your brother or your father or your sister. Call your best friend and tell them that you love them to death, doggonit! Let the people you love know that they're special. St. Valentine may be the patron saint of lovers, but that term lover doesn't have to apply only to a girl/boyfriend, it can be someone you love with a fiery passion that burns deep within your heart. Honestly, though, I don't understand why we even need a day to tell people we love them. It's sad.

In regards to pictures and the like, I will most likely add them to this post later in the day, instead of double-posting again.

That's all, folks!
Nova.

8:41 PM- 19 hours later.

The pictures:
Yesterday's- http://www.flickr.com/photos/penguinova/4360956247/
Today's- http://www.flickr.com/photos/penguinova/4361697138/

That's all, folks!
Nova.

No comments:

Post a Comment