"If sweet death should ever conquer me, let me know, boys, let me know. If you hear him coming, won't you let me flee? Let me go, boys, let me go."

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Wish on THAT Why Doncha?

It's 12:12 AM right now. Why don't people wish on that? There's really no reason not to. Except that now it's 12:14 AM. You really shouldn't wish on that.

I have a headache. It may be because I'm still awake, or because I'm rather dehydrated. I actually get dehydrated a lot. I really should drink more water, but I don't. Why? I'm lazy. Duh.

Instead of getting water I'm uploading videos to Facebook. When you get the chance you should go watch them. One is of Mari and Cole, another is of Davis, and the rest are from Sumo for Seals. It's actually not that interesting, but I'm bored. How those two thoughts related I don't know, or maybe I do.

So I neglected to mention this in the post where the title actually had to do with iTunes Genius, but I love it. I turned it on the other day, and it's amazing. It makes these littles mixes for you, one of which I've been listening to all day. It's called "Indie Rock Lo-Fi Mix," and, as you know, I love anything with "Indie Rock" in it, or anything that says "Indie," for that matter.

The thing about indie is that you get into indie stuff to be different. You don't like the flow. So, you get in this other flow. There's less people, but it's still a flow. There aren't that many original ideas nowadays. Sure, you can try to come up with something completely new and different, but there isn't much out there that is. There are a few things, though. The Red Hot Chili Peppers are one. Have you ever heard anything that sounds remotely like them? I sure haven't. MGMT is another band that I haven't heard much like.

Who cares what's different, though? What's the real need for that big fresh idea? I like what I have, and it's not like I'm tired of it. There's always more being done. People are always taking that old idea and spinning off it. It's not completely fresh and new, but it's different from what was there.

I'm feeling rough, I'm feeling raw, I'm in the prime of my life.
Let's make some music, make some money, find some models for wives.
I'll move to Paris, shoot some heroin, and fuck with the stars.
You man the island and the cocaine and the elegant cars.

This is our decision, to live fast and die young.
We've got the vision, now let's have some fun.
Yeah, it's overwhelming, but what else can we do.
Get jobs in offices, and wake up for the morning commute?

Forget about our mothers and our friends
We're fated to pretend
To pretend
We're fated to pretend
To pretend

I'll miss the playgrounds and the animals and digging up worms
I'll miss the comfort of my mother and the weight of the world
I'll miss my sister, miss my father, miss my dog and my home
Yeah, I'll miss the boredem and the freedom and the time spent alone.

But there's really nothing, nothing we can do
Love must be forgotten, life can always start up anew.
The models will have children, we'll get a divorce
We'll find some more models, everyting must run it's course.

We'll choke on our vomit and that will be the end
We were fated to pretend
To pretend
We're fated to pretend
To pretend

Yeah, yeah, yeah
Yeah, yeah, yeah
Yeah, yeah, yeah
Yeah, yeah, yeah

That's all, folks.
Nova.

No comments:

Post a Comment