"If sweet death should ever conquer me, let me know, boys, let me know. If you hear him coming, won't you let me flee? Let me go, boys, let me go."

Monday, May 17, 2010

Racism?

I honestly don't understand racism. At all. How can people think that they're better than someone else just because of where they come from? That's not the confusing part, though. People aren't born racist. It's kind of a known fact that children don't care what colour their friends skin is, or what their religion is, for that matter. I've heard countless stories of people who had African-American friends before the civil rights movement, and, at the time, they didn't understand why their parents said they weren't allowed to see that person. Kids don't develop a racist attitude till they get to the age where their parental influence really starts to affect them. The only way to really combat racism is to stop teaching our children that way. They're our tomorrow. Not literally, y'know. Like, when we're old.

Stupid media! Corrupting our youth!

That's all, folks!
Nova.

"How now, spirit! Whither wander you?"
-A Midsummer Night's Dream, Act II, Scene I

No comments:

Post a Comment