"If sweet death should ever conquer me, let me know, boys, let me know. If you hear him coming, won't you let me flee? Let me go, boys, let me go."

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Music is Amazing


I hope you've been taking the time to actually listen to the songs that I post on here, because there's a reason that I do. I want you to feel the same way I do when I listen to the music. It's incredible. Sometimes, I can't fathom how it all works. For example, take "Kids." All by itself it was a musical phenomenon, but then along comes "Opposite of Adults," which took the song and built on simple music and a simple title, and just when you thought it couldn't get any better!

Music changes people. It likes to eat them, or wrap them up, or cut them to pieces then scatter said pieces across the globe. I don't think that any music can actually be bad. It all came out of someone's brain and turned into a melody. Even if you don't like it, that doesn't mean everyone hates it. It also might mean you don't hate it either. Be open to all music! Before you decide you dislike something just because you've heard something similar, listen to it. It may surprise you. It sure has surprised me.

"If you're not crying, why are you singing it?"
-Jon Foreman.

See ya,
Nova.

No comments:

Post a Comment