"If sweet death should ever conquer me, let me know, boys, let me know. If you hear him coming, won't you let me flee? Let me go, boys, let me go."

Monday, November 2, 2009

What Are Rights?

[So these colours are now permanent. I feel like they match much better with the header. Woot.]

Thursdays are confusing for me. On the one hand, I get to have a bass guitar lesson. On the other, it's animal rights club day. Now, I have nothing against animals, but I think we should learn to save ourselves before we try to fix anything else. I'll give you an example: Would you let a doctor who hasn't gone to med school treat and operate on a patient with a life threatening disease? No. He/she needs to learn how to be a doctor. And what better way to teach than to practice on yourself? It would make everything a lot more careful and precise, and practice makes permanent.

Another thing, I've said this before and I'll say it again. You think animals have don't have rights? Look at people. Take this story about a girl who was sold into prostitution by her foster father. Last time I czeched, slaves, especially sex slaves, don't have rights. Oh, but don't forget the genocide. Dead people definitely don't have rights. The civil war in Darfur is probably the biggest issue our there besides the war in Uganda. (Don't even get me started on Uganda.)

The point is, people need help. Animals do too, but not as much as people. I think that if we start making a change in one area, everything will iron itself out.

That's all, folks!
Nova.

3 comments:

  1. i guess some people think that if we give animals rights, then it'll show the world that since WE'RE animals too, we all ought to have equal rights.

    ReplyDelete
  2. except for the fact that we AREN'T animals... Scientifically, yes, we are classified as them, but there is one HUGE unignorable difference between humans and animals. Progress. Humans have progressed to create an enormously complex society. Animals have not. AND the goal of all animals lives are to reproduce. Except humans. The number one goal of a person doesn't have to be reproduction. With an animal, it does. There is a difference. We are not animals. Stop saying we are.

    ReplyDelete
  3. but here's omething to consider: we're the only ones who destroy ourselves. therefore, maybe, if we give animals rights...we'll see just how far back we need to go...:K (that's a thinking smilie)

    ReplyDelete