"If sweet death should ever conquer me, let me know, boys, let me know. If you hear him coming, won't you let me flee? Let me go, boys, let me go."

Monday, November 9, 2009

Dating: Ideas on Relationships.

[today I'll begin what I hope becomes a series about dating and relationships and guys and what those things mean to me. This part one: Ideas on Relationships.]

Dating. It's something that is close to central to a persons life from around middle school till marriage. Initially, you usually see relationships start to happen in the 6th/7th grade. There were even a couple "couples" in 5th for me. (I wasn't in them, I just knew other people that were) But were they real? Not hardly. Young love, the kind experienced 5th-7th grade, is, more often than not, not real. I may seem like that, but it is far from it. Now, it does start to develop more realism as you get older and are in more relationships.
     For example, the first relationship I was ever in was with this guy named Andrew. It lasted for a little over 2 weeks and I can safely say that it was not real. It felt very real to me at the time, but c'mon, it was my first "real" boyfriend. That was back in 6th grade. Which just goes to show that middle school relationships are usually not real. This causes them to not last very long.
     Back to my first boyfriend- originally, I had told myself that I wasn't going to date until high school because I didn't think relationships were right at that age. I STILL struggle with that, but back to the point. I asked him out anyway because I said to myself that if I didn't do it now it would never happen. So I did it. I didn't tell my parents, of course, because they would disapprove even though they'd never said anything. And I think dating is one of those things where it's your decision to say if you're ready for it or not. I have a friend who turned down a guy because she said she wasn't ready to date. Which is perfectly fine with me.

Alright. We've reached the end of today's rope. Hopefully I was somewhat insigtful today.

That's all, folks!
Nova.

No comments:

Post a Comment