"If sweet death should ever conquer me, let me know, boys, let me know. If you hear him coming, won't you let me flee? Let me go, boys, let me go."

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Dating: DO NOT CROSS. Trespassers Will Be Shot

[so this is becoming a series. I'm quite proud of myself for keeping up this commitment. Although, FYI, I will be posting other things in between. This is part two: DO NOT CROSS. Trespassers Will Be Shot.]

Ah, boundaries. We all know of something or other that is a boundary for us. It may be a curfew or it could be a stupid school rule. Everyone comes in contact with them, and without boundaries, the world would be chaos. But how do boundaries relate to relationships? Simple. You need them in relationships.
     The biggest one you will come across is how far you're willing to go. (yes, I do mean in terms of sex.) It's a simple issue of knowing how far you're going to go before you get there. What seems to be the problem to me is that in today's society, boundaries like that are extremely rare, and usually the person who sets them up is "religious" in some way. Like with me, I will not let my current boyfriend kiss me. Now, if we stay together long enough I will but for now, no. I don't see it as appropriate, and it's my boundary.
     My parents believe in boundaries, too. Today I went to the doctor and she asked my mom if she wanted me to get the Gardasil vaccine. My mom said no because the only way to get cervical cancer is through sex, and if I'm going to stay abstinent why get 3 painful injections? It doesn't make any sense. There really is no legitimate reason to have sex before marriage. At all.
     But then there are those relationships you come across where the girl sets up boundaries and the guy whines and complains about them. At this point one of 2 things usually happen. Either the girl caves to her boyfriend's wishes or she dumps him. So boundaries can also help weed out men that aren't worth it.
     This is my advice to all you women out there: figure out your boundaries. What's too far and what isn't? What's too far for YOU and what isn't? If your man doesn't respect your boundaries let him go. I think doing and knowing these things will lead to better more intimate relationships.

So there you have it. Part 2. Too bad I forgot to put a part in there about what's pure, what really isn't, and what sex should be. Oh well.

That's all, folks!
Nova.

2 comments:

  1. i agree! i mean, why can't we be all old fashioned and even just touching a girl's elbow to lead her out of a car is scandalous. i like that idea. plus...the poufy dresses are pretty cool. just not the pink ones...;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. very nice lizabeth u are very right... but the painful shots may be necessary if you GET RAPEDDD!! sory just wanted to say that...

    ReplyDelete