"If sweet death should ever conquer me, let me know, boys, let me know. If you hear him coming, won't you let me flee? Let me go, boys, let me go."

Thursday, November 19, 2009

Hey Little Insecure Kid

Dear Haley,
You're crazy pretty. You could be a model if you wanted too. Furthermore, a lot of the time when you stand, you stick your hip out, which accentuates how thin you are. Stop with your insecurities, sweetheart, for they're in vain.
Love,
Lizabeth.
(P.S., if that sounded harsh, sorry. I'm kinda not in the best mood as of right now. It's not you're fault. Something just happened at lunch. Ask Ellie.)

So on that note: insecurity. Don't lie. You know you are. That's right. Insecure. No matter how hard you try you will be insecure. No one is perfectly OK with who they are. Guaranteed. When you get to a point, though, it needs to come to an end. Lately everyone's been talking about "Oh mah gaaaaaawwssshhhh!! My life is so haaaarrrrdddd!!! I'll NEVREVREVRR be good enuffff!" (Maybe I'm exaggerating, so what? It's fun to act like a snotty teenage girl. [I'm not calling y'all that, that's just what my over exaggeration is equal too]) Newsflash, sweetheart, you are good enough. You're perfectly fine exactly how you are, and I don't mean to be preachy, but that's the way God made you. Be proud kiddo. Embrace yourself so much that you want a strait jacket just so you can hug yourself. (LAWL) That's what I try to do, and like I say in dance, if I can do it, you can too.

So enough about feeling small and worthless. The other thing that was bothering me was violence. So what happened today was that my friend kept taking my other friend's drumsticks. These weren't ordinary drumsticks, they had belonged to his friend that was in jail. (don't ask, cause I don't know.) My friends kept jacking 'em and this apparently pissed him off. So it got to the point where he turned to me and said, "Will you be mad if I kill Cole?"
Me: Yes.
Him: Will you be mad if I badly injure him?
Me: Yes.
Him: Will you be mad if I use the most non-violent means necessary?
Me: *think* No.
This did not turn out to be the case though, because when my friend ran over to retrieve the drumstick, Cole threw it. So my friend stopped attempting to attack him but in his impulsive anger hit him with the one drumstick he had. I do not condone violence, I am in fact very much against it. I think violent video games are horrible. The tendency to resort to violence is the worst though. I think I'm going to say that my friend was in the wrong for hurting my other friend, because I just explained that this is not cool with me. (although my friend was thoroughly provoked.) I shall leave you with this thought: violence is not the answer. It's the question. The answer is no.

"So pretty, so smart. Such a waste of a young heart."
Satellite Heart - Anya Marina.

See ya,
Nova.

2 comments:

  1. hey its me tanya. i justed wanted to say that i was kinda feeling down and i read this and it made me feel better. :). so thanks!! ily!

    ReplyDelete