"If sweet death should ever conquer me, let me know, boys, let me know. If you hear him coming, won't you let me flee? Let me go, boys, let me go."

Saturday, January 16, 2010

I Knew Where Haiti Was Before the Earthquake

So Haiti. Let's chat about it. What happened there is a real tragedy. I encourage you to donate towards the relief efforts. As to Pat Robertson (if you heard about what he said); you're a loser. A jerk. A low-life. That wasn't appropriate. There's something I don't understand, though.

Why just Haiti?

The reason people are donating so much is because people are dying, yes. People lost their homes, yes. People have no fresh food//water, yes. But that kind of stuff was happening to other people before the earthquake. In fact, it was happening in Haiti before the earthquake. So why now? It takes a natural disaster to make us realize that people need our help? Sure, it's one thing to know that those people don't have what we do, but it's another to act on it. Did you know that credit card companies are waiving fees that concern donations? Now, I'm not sure that's exactly right, but it's pretty close to the truth. Quite frankly, this confuses me, and if you think about it, I'm pretty sure it'll confuse you.

I'm all for donating towards Haiti, but why does the rest of the world have to get left out?

See ya,
Nova.

1 comment: