"If sweet death should ever conquer me, let me know, boys, let me know. If you hear him coming, won't you let me flee? Let me go, boys, let me go."

Monday, December 28, 2009

I Have Two Things

A. A desire to not sleep. I'm a night person through and through.

B. A friend named Lee.
Now, I know you know who Lee is. I tend to talk about her a lot. (if you don't know who she is, her blog's in the sidebar. "insideoutside.") She wrote an end of the year post, and I thought maybe I'd do the same, considering thing A.

So I think I'll start off with a timeline. This is 2009, month-by-month.

January: I think January was when I finally started to figure myself out into the person I was going to be. My love of House had just taken off, and I had a crush on one of my future boyfriends. (but he didn't come till much later.) I was hanging out with on of my old friends a lot, and it was that way. The big thing of January was probably Fiction Family. On the 21st I do believe they released their debut album. It's amazing and if you haven't given it a listen please do. That month I went go-karting with my youth group, too. We grew so much closer that night. It was amazing.

February: In February I decided to do one thing- not spend any money. I didn't buy clothes, I didn't buy music, I didn't buy anything except lunch money. Also, I went to a Fiction Family concert. It was great. I went with someone who was my best friend and Molly Jenson was there. One of the most intimate performances I've been too. (the theatre was smaller than the MPR at my school.) Also, I started my 306 and went to winter camp where I became Natuley Wong

March: If I could remember anything about this month, I would tell you. But I'm drawing a blank. Actually, I just looked on my calendar and that's when Molly Jenson's CD came out. Pretty cool.

April: I saw Monsters Vs. Aliens twice. The first time with friends (oh, Davis), and the second time over break with my family while I was in Arizona. That really was a fantastic movie. It even had Hugh Laurie! April also means 4:12 day, and I finished the entire list except for one thing. Yes!

May: Oh May, you always do something to me. May was when I started going out with my "friend" Nick. (I don't think we were ever really friends. All we did was text. And it was even relatively stimulating conversation.)

June: BRO-AM! Now, this was my second Bro-Am, but it was still fabulous. I got a major sunburn (again) and I played Apples to Apples with the boardies. ALWAYS a good time there. June also marked the end of 7th grade, the year of figuring myself out.

July: The main part of July were two INCREDIBLE weeks of camp- Ojai year 2 and Creekside year 3. Ojai was amazing. I went with my youth group and we all became so much closer. I also played an absolutely killer game of Ultimate Frisbee (the frat boy sport) and had an awesome jam session with the bassist of the band that was playing. Creekside was also beyond explanation. I became closer to my best friend ever and my other friend, and met so many awesome people that have changed my life. Both those weeks I grew so much closer to God and had so much fun.

August: Two more weeks of camp. First, Alpine year 4. This was probably my favorite year of Alpine because of swing dancing. It was there I learned and fell in love. It was great. Week number two, Family Camp year.... I've been going so long I don't even remember. This year I cheated. I went with the high school group instead of the junior high and I'm so glad I did. I met so many awesome people that I really wished I had stayed in contact with. iFail. Again, gre closer to God and had more fun than I could ever imagine. Oh yea, and I got a new phone, which I am using to write this post.

September: This was the beginning and end. The end of my relationship with Nick and the end of the old me. It was the beginning of a relationship with someone I've known almost my entire life, and the beginning of eighth grade, aka the best year of my life so far. Eighth grade was the beginning of the rest of my life so to speak, I became who I am now. Permanently. It was also the beginning of my social life. Almost every weekend my friends and I went out to see a movie. This also began a ton of new friendships. I also turned 14.

October: The zoo. And that's all I will say about that. I started DC (the youth group at the church I go to on Sundays) that month. I also went up to the school near my house a lot. Then at the end there was Halloween. Those were some nasty blisters.

November: NOVEMBER! I loved it. I broke up with my boyfriend and began a relationship with one of my best guy friends. I cemented friendships with a bunch of other people, too. Oh and I went on a field trip! It was to the Museum of Tolerance, though. Very dramatic. Then there was Anaheim. The best show I've ever been too. Switchfoot killed it. It was amazing. I got some great shots and lost an arm-wrestling match. Don't forget that I walked to my public library earlier that day. My feet were KILLING me! But oh well. Wait. I think I forgot something. Oh that's right. HELLO HURRICANE. This is probably my favourite Switchfoot record if not my favourite record of all time. It's beyond words, really. And it came early. I love November.

December: Here we go. The last month of the year. Ehly's birthday, the holiday parade, the band concert, RAIN, Benji, Christmas, skating, it was fun. Oh and now my cousins are here. But it was a fun month, really.

That about sums up my year. I'll be back with my favourite moments in a day or two. Then the top 10 of 2009. Get ready kids.

That's all (for now), folks!
Nova.

1 comment:

  1. sweeeet. i like what you did with the months. i might do that too.

    ReplyDelete