"If sweet death should ever conquer me, let me know, boys, let me know. If you hear him coming, won't you let me flee? Let me go, boys, let me go."

Sunday, December 6, 2009

F L A W S

Everyone has them.
Wait.
What did you say? People have FLAWS? Yea. They do. All of them. The sad part is how society seems to think it's ok to point out other peoples flaws, including their own. This causes things like low self-esteem and gossip. That's not acceptable, children. People need to embrace not only their flaws but the flaws of other people.
To stress this point, meet my flaws:
- I'm a picky eater.
- I talk about Campbell too much.
- I don't understand how people can't understand things when they're so easy for me to understand.
- I procrastinate.
- I'm lazy.
And I accept it. I am who I am, and some of those things need work, yea. And I'm working on them, but the don't define me.

Something else that bugs me is that in the process of pointing out flaws people ignore all the good in people. So here's some good:
Haley- you're pretty and smart.
Mari- you're hair is beautiful, and it looks really good down. You're also pretty down to earth.
Ehly- you're so much fun to hang out with and very opinionated.
Lindsay- you're so funny. You're also very fasionable.
Tiffany- you're pretty. Truth. You're understanding, too.
Lee- heh. I love your letters and your blog. You're a talented kid.
Sara- you're smart and fun to hang out with and all around awesome.
Campbell- you're nice and you care a lot.
Davis- you are probably my funnest friend. Hands down. Never a dull moment with you.
Kelli- you're very pretty. You're also a good friend. We've been through too much, man.
Amy- you're very experienced. But that may just be because you're older than me. :P
Me- you're a happy person and very smart.
Benji- I love talking and hanging out with you. You're an interesting kid.
Janelle- you're very pesistant, and stronger than you know.

There. I touched on most of my friends. It wasn't actually that hard to pick out some good in all of them, and did you catch that I put myself in there? That's how I think of me. Not all those flaws I talked about earlier.

C H A L L E N G E :
Every morning when you wake up think of at least three good things about yourself. Considering what kind of person you are, it could be hard in the beginning, but it'll get easier. Trust me.

That's all, folks!
Nova.

No comments:

Post a Comment