"If sweet death should ever conquer me, let me know, boys, let me know. If you hear him coming, won't you let me flee? Let me go, boys, let me go."

Thursday, December 17, 2009

DIVIDyouarehereUALITY

So my science teacher gave us these word/picture puzzle things. 10 points and a star to whoever can guess what the title says.

Didja get it?

It's individuality. (get it?) These days, it seems, that everyone is putting a lot of stress on being "yourself." But is anyone ever really an indiviual? We pick friends that are like us. We do similar things. We have similar tastes. Nothing is ever really "ours" now is it? This is extremely annoying, and makes hypocrites out of most people. Inclucing myself.

For instance, I have a friend. Let's call him "Benji," cause that's his name. So Benji has an internet radio show that's on every Thursday starting around now. He always asks people to cohost. I've been asked 3 times. I'm 0 for 3. He also asked my brother, and I'm pretty sure my brother is cohosting right now. This pisses me off. Benji is MY friend. Not my brother's. He's MINE. ONLY. I should be cohosting right now, not my brother. Benji is my friend, not my brother's. It should stay that way.

What I wanted to come across from that little tidbit was my quest to feel special by having Benji be my friend only. Not my brother's. I want to be different. Special. An individual. Yet, I am so much like my other friends it's crazy. I share similar tastes in music with some of my friends, and our personalities fit together like jigsaw puzzle pieces. Yet here I am wanting to be DIFFERENT, but only in this one little situation. It's annoying, not just my brother usurping my special spot, but the hypocrisy.

That's just human nature, though, isn't it? We can never get over ourselves. Nope. But that is an entirely other topic. We can talk about that later.

See ya,
Nova.

No comments:

Post a Comment