"If sweet death should ever conquer me, let me know, boys, let me know. If you hear him coming, won't you let me flee? Let me go, boys, let me go."

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Post 120 on April 20th

Wow. 4/20, eh?

-Hitler's Birthday
-Pot Day
-Anniversary of the Columbine Shootings
-Micheal Jordan sets an NBA play-off record
-Apollo 16 lands on the moon
-Chicago Cubs play their first game
-Muhammad's Birthday

All this crazy stuff happened today, and all I hear about is weed. Pot, weed, marijuana. We definitely have our priorities straight, don't we? Hm. I can understand though, in my world, how pot would be a more prominent topic of conversation, but the least we can do is bother to toss our hat in the direction of other things that might be more important. I'm trying to yell at all of you, because I'm equally annoyed at myself. I didn't learn about the Columbine Massacre till just recently. Maybe not even 20 minutes ago, and I'm really passionate about things like school shootings. It's one of the reasons I don't think people should be allowed to own guns. At least not stupid people who let them get in the hands of their kids.

I would assault you with facts, but I really don't know how to sort through this much information. Yea. There's that much. I read a book once. It's called Shooter, and it's by Walter Dean Myers. In fact, I'm positive I've read it more than once. It's loaded with wonderful little statistics that I'd love to get my hands on. I don't have that book now, though.

Hopefully your brain was hungry.

See ya,
Nova.

No comments:

Post a Comment