"If sweet death should ever conquer me, let me know, boys, let me know. If you hear him coming, won't you let me flee? Let me go, boys, let me go."

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Bass Line is Killer

Flea is pretty much the best bassist I have ever encountered. Although I'll probably meet more in my time, maybe even be better than him one day. *wistful*

The reason I bring up the lovely electric bass is because I now have this song:
and every time I hear it my fingers just itch to play it. Really. What a hook there. The thing about this song is that this guy who's playing the bass isn't especially talented, and that line isn't especially complicated. It is just effective at what's it's supposed to be doing, which is enhancing the song.
And THAT is the beauty in simplicity.

(You do realize that, initially, I had no idea where I was going with this. I just wanted to talk about the song.)

Now I have to go be nice to CoCo so that he'll love me forever. Goodnight friends.

That's all, folks!
Nova.

No comments:

Post a Comment