"If sweet death should ever conquer me, let me know, boys, let me know. If you hear him coming, won't you let me flee? Let me go, boys, let me go."

Saturday, June 12, 2010

Someone Asked Me a Question on Formspring

Technically though, it wasn't really a question.

Here's what was said:

hi Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelizabeth

First let me set the tone for what I am about to say: the following thing is less an issue of annoyance, and more a genuine question. I'm not angry, I just want to know.

Now for my real response.
What does it matter to you? It's not your name. It's mine. And if me deciding to spell my name just a LITTLE differently is a big deal, then what do you say to Ellie? All the Samanthas that are Sam, and all the Alexandras that are Alex? What do you say to the many Allies out there? "I think it's stupid that you take the liberty to make YOUR name whatever YOU want it to be, because it's totally not your decision what you're called." Seriously? That's not cool.

I really don't understand. Why on earth does it matter so much? Furthermore, if whoever said that was doing it just to annoy me, that's just mean. I don't actually enjoy when people dog me about my name. It annoys me in that "seriously. I don't like when you do this, so stop" way. It's not one of those small things that friends always get away with picking each other about. No matter who says it, it makes me angry. You people need to learn to mind your own business.

It's not that I hate "Elizabeth" either! I would be completely fine with it if people didn't shove it in my face so much! So what if I choose to spell my name a little differently? It's not that I dislike my "real" name, it's that I just happen to like the one I chose better.

Some people need to get a life.

See ya,
Nova.

No comments:

Post a Comment