"If sweet death should ever conquer me, let me know, boys, let me know. If you hear him coming, won't you let me flee? Let me go, boys, let me go."

Sunday, June 13, 2010

I Need Haley!

Seriously? Yes, seriously.

Although, when I say that, I just mean I want willing models for a photo shoot I want to do so I can change the layout of this blog. Was that a run-on sentence? It's such a long sentence... (See how I avoided a TWSS right there?)

So I was watching Whip It last night at Ehly's house. Quote-un-quote review: I thought it was very predictable. Basically one of those "I want to get out of my crappy small town by doing something crazy, because I'm a rebel. But then, heaven forbid, everything blows up in my face! Everything seems to be going wrong at exactly the same time. In the end, though, I finally realize who I really am, and my family finally accepts me." I'm pretty sure that's what I thought ten-or-so minutes into the movie. I still thought it was a good movie, though. The subject matter was très intéressant. You now know one more person who wants to go see a roller derby. (I know you may all think I'm crazy, but does it look like I care?)

All that to say that that was not the point of me bringing up the movie. My point was to bring up a song that the main character's boyfriend's band played in the movie. (Turns out the boyfriend character is an actual recording artist who sings a song from a cell phone commercial that I'm sure all of you will recognize.) I actually bought the whole soundtrack for that song. (It was worth it.)


I don't want to put video for the recognizable song in this video, so here's the link. Have fun, children.

That may be all for today.
Nova.

No comments:

Post a Comment