"If sweet death should ever conquer me, let me know, boys, let me know. If you hear him coming, won't you let me flee? Let me go, boys, let me go."

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

My Donkey Is River Waffle Big Sausage Fat.



Now that that's out of the way...

My social studies teacher pisses me off. Why? During the lesson yesterday (I think it was yesterday) he said that the United States abolishing slavery virtually abolished slavery all over the world. He said that because of us there is no longer slavery. Anywhere. I wanted to punch him in the face. That is so wrong I don't even know where to begin, so I guess I'll start here: http://www.love146.org/ is a perfect example. Love 146 is an organization dedicated to stopping human trafficking. More specifically, child sex slavery.

Wait. What was that?

Did you say slavery? That can't be possible. He said slavery was gone! Well it isn't. While it may be illegal, it's still very much alive today. It's just to big a business to crack down on and eliminate.

The other thing he said though, really just backed up an opinion of mine that I've had for a long time. Americans are self-righteous and self-absorbed jerks. We were talking about the Declaration of Independence and Natural Rights (life, liberty, pursuit of happiness) and he said the reason we have troops stationed all over the world and the reason we are in Iraq is to protect those rights. That just plain angers me. In order to protect ourselves we have to go shove our noses into other people's business? Get over yourself, man! That's just a stupid thing to say. So we aren't in other countries to help them, we're in them to help ourselves. Go die in a whole, selfish people.

I have to go watch Simpsons now. (heh. weird transition)

That's all, folks!
Nova.

7 comments:

  1. i hate him too. he picks on me, cuz he knows im smart enough to get answers correct. i hate it, its annoying. altho, his lecture pertaining to america breaking up with britian being equivilant to a girl breaking up with a boy was verrrrry entertaining

    ReplyDelete
  2. that was funny. but other than that he isnt my favorite.
    did you watch the video? you should. then the title will make sense.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i did watch the video. verrrry funny. dumb, but funny

    ReplyDelete
  4. i think you might be wrong. there are plenty of people who care enough about sex slavery.Unfortunately, ignorance shouts louder than wisdom. and boy is that obvious! Slavery still exists. we have to talk to him.
    please have pride in your country. or if you dont like it here, you could move to England.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wamners not a bad guy... but he is unfortunately incredibly stupid. he knows just about nothing

    ReplyDelete
  6. personaly, I think it just doesn't matter.
    Slavery is everywhere. Its been this way for thousands of years and will continue to be this way.
    Accept it, get over it. Yes its wrong but the world is messed up and life sucks.
    The video doesnt really relate to this at all by the way.

    ReplyDelete