"If sweet death should ever conquer me, let me know, boys, let me know. If you hear him coming, won't you let me flee? Let me go, boys, let me go."

Sunday, October 18, 2009

#beatcancer

Ebay/Paypal and MillerCoors are donating 1 cent per hashtag of #beatcancer. (On twitter, a hashtag is like a tag for your tweet, identified by #) This annoys me. Yes, cancer is a bad disease, but people are dying of other horrible diseases, too. The only reason people are so concerned with cancer is because it hits close to home. I heard once that "one death is a tragedy, one million is a statistic." That couldn't be more true. People know people with cancer, but no one knows a dying child in Africa who lives on no more than a dollar a day. I'm not saying it's wrong to support cancer research, it's a very worthy cause. All I'm saying is that there are plenty of other worthy causes no one seems to recognize.

That's it. I'm going to go eat some food. Awesome.

See ya,
Nova.

1 comment: